Thursday 4 September 2014

How Do I Get Noticed?

So a lot of people ask me, "How do I make people turn around and take notice of me or my idea? I have some great ideas, but how do I make people pay attention?"

In theory this sounds harder than it really is. Why? You need to aspire to people's desires and needs. Find out what your potential investor, employer, or partner wants and deliver it - or at least show how you can successfully.

Here are a few quick tips that could help you get noticed:

  • Volunteer. Do awesome work because you love it, not for cash
  • Don't waffle. Cut to the point and be honest
  • Don't beg, pester, or hound anyone
  • Support your pitch or idea with data and numbers
  • Do your research. Don't go blindly into a pitch about topics you know little about
  • Be very specific about why your idea is valuable
  • What is in your arsenal of skills that will help you reach your goals?
  • Specialize. Team management? Web? Software? Events?
  • Be professional. Be mature.
Stay tuned - next time we'll be looking at some of the specific roles in eSports we outlined last time.

No comments:

Post a Comment